[seam-dev] Re: Seam/RESTEasy integration

Christian Bauer christian.bauer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 03:09:50 EST 2009

On Mar 04, 2009, at 12:19 , Jozef Hartinger wrote:

>> status/plans are.
> I am working on Seam+RESTEasy integration as a part of my university
> thesis. I am focusing more on new features rather than bug fixing as
> this is more interesting for university however I was fixing some
> bugs as well. The plan is to implement following things:
> 	* REST API for application framework - I am working on a component
> that exposes CRUD API to manipulate database entities (using Seam's
> home and query components)- I have some working prototypes already,
> working on details now.
> 	* Exception mapping in pages.xml
> 	* Facelets XHTML mapping
> Furthermore, I am planning on creating a sample application
> demonstrating Seam+RESTEasy integration. It will be a simple todo
> app exposing REST API.

I've created JIRA issues for these and added some of my older ideas as
well as some prototype code for the Facelets mapping feature.

Following is a list of the open issues. Jozef, it looks like you want
to work on most of the feature requests. Can we close 3449, some guys
start to think it's a catch-all thread? Also, I think the "anemic HTTP
session" feature request is currently the most important one because
heavy REST usage will bring down your service at some point (max
session limit).

Solomon, the @Context problem in 3383 would be a good start as it
requires some knowledge of RESTEasy internals.

Bugs:

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3383
REST @Context injection for Seam component resources

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3965
@Providers not working - ResteasyDispatcher registers components and
providers in wrong order

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3915
RESTEasy GET request: java.lang.RuntimeException: Bad arguments passed
to public java.lang.String method

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3449
Upgrade to latest RestEasy beta

Features:

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3264
REST requests create anemic HttpSessions

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3265
RESTEasy exception handling

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3987
Integrate RESTEasy with Seam Application fwk for easy CRUD

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3988
Support for mapping RESTful XHTML resource representations with
Facelets templates

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3989
Map conversations to URI spaces for REST integration