[seam-dev] Re: Seam/RESTEasy integration

Jozef Hartinger jharting at redhat.com
Thu Mar 5 10:18:38 EST 2009

Christian Bauer wrote:

> On Mar 04, 2009, at 12:19 , Jozef Hartinger wrote:
>
>>> status/plans are.
>> I am working on Seam+RESTEasy integration as a part of my university
>> thesis. I am focusing more on new features rather than bug fixing as
>> this is more interesting for university however I was fixing some bugs
>> as well. The plan is to implement following things:
>>     * REST API for application framework - I am working on a component
>> that exposes CRUD API to manipulate database entities (using Seam's
>> home and query components)- I have some working prototypes already,
>> working on details now.
>>     * Exception mapping in pages.xml
>>     * Facelets XHTML mapping
>> Furthermore, I am planning on creating a sample application
>> demonstrating Seam+RESTEasy integration. It will be a simple todo app
>> exposing REST API.
>
> I've created JIRA issues for these and added some of my older ideas as
> well as some prototype code for the Facelets mapping feature.
>
> Following is a list of the open issues. Jozef, it looks like you want to
> work on most of the feature requests.
Yes, I would like to work on the three I mentioned above. I still have
some bugs assigned but as my RESTEasy time is limited, anybody feel free
to take them if you wish.

> Can we close 3449, some guys start
> to think it's a catch-all thread?
OK, closing.

> Also, I think the "anemic HTTP
> session" feature request is currently the most important one because
> heavy REST usage will bring down your service at some point (max session
> limit).
>
> Solomon, the @Context problem in 3383 would be a good start as it
> requires some knowledge of RESTEasy internals.
>
> Bugs:
>
> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3383
> REST @Context injection for Seam component resources
>
> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3965
> @Providers not working - ResteasyDispatcher registers components and
> providers in wrong order
>
> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3915
> RESTEasy GET request: java.lang.RuntimeException: Bad arguments passed
> to public java.lang.String method
>
> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3449
> Upgrade to latest RestEasy beta
Several more bugs that were not connected to WS component:

Seam's Resteasy implementation does not support tagged interfaces, nor
classes that implement them
https://jira.jboss.org:443/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3938

Seam's Resteasy implementation does not support multiple applications
using resteasy on same server
https://jira.jboss.org:443/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3939

> Features:
>
> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3264
> REST requests create anemic HttpSessions
>
> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3265
> RESTEasy exception handling
>
> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3987
> Integrate RESTEasy with Seam Application fwk for easy CRUD
>
> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3988
> Support for mapping RESTful XHTML resource representations with Facelets
> templates
>
> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3989
> Map conversations to URI spaces for REST integration

This feature request came from JBSEAM-3449 discussion
Asynchronous HTTP support in Seam+RESTeasy
https://jira.jboss.org:443/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3991