[seam-dev] module project anatomy

Jordan Ganoff jganoff at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 21:26:00 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Dan Allen <dan.j.allen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 10:21 AM, John Casey <jcasey at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd definitely recommend using a distribution module in your project
>> hierarchy...just another module in the project directory, which depends on
>> everything you want to bundle together. Using <dependencySets/> in the
>> assembly plugin is MUCH less quirky than using <moduleSets/>.
>>
>> If you'd like an example, check out Maven itself:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/maven-2/tags/maven-2.2.1/
>>
>> -john
>

> I've added the recommendation to use a dist module to the module anatomy
> page:
>
> http://seamframework.org/Seam3/ModuleAnatomy

I've updated the jms module with a dist/ project to handle building a
distribution archive.  It's available when the 'distribution' profile is
active.

Could someone more experienced with maven please take a look at it?  If it
looks good I'll update the module anatomy with its contents to use as a
reference.

> Feel free to revise, fellow Seam devs ;)

> Registered Linux User #231597

> http://www.google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen

Jordan Ganoff