[seam-dev] Seam 3 and fork/join framework in JDK 7

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 01:52:15 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Arbi Sookazian <asookazian at gmail.com>wrote:

> I would be interested in seeing performance monitoring results for a load
> test of the Seam 2.x booking app vs. Seam 3 booking app.  Using MySQL db or
> similar, not HSQLDB.
>
> Is Seam 3 in a usable state currently?  AFAIK it's pre-alpha or alpha so is
> there any timeline for a M1 or beta, etc.?

Yes and no. There are parts of Seam 3 which are moving along, such as the
XML module, but the parts needed for the example (namely the faces module)
are a bit stalled at the moment. I'm expecting in the next week or so to
start revving up those engines again with some new hands on deck.
Additionally, some of it is stalled because someone (that someone is
currently me) needs to update the wiki about which Seam modules work, which
don't and how to actually build and test them. Basically, we're getting
there ;)

Registered Linux User #231597