[seam-dev] Stateless scope

Stuart Douglas stuart at baileyroberts.com.au
Mon Jun 7 07:19:30 EDT 2010

I have been thinking about adding a stateless scope to weld extensions, that would allow for a similar construct to @Unwrap from seam 2. Basically if you have a Stateless producer method the the producer will be called every time a method on the proxy is invoked.

The main downside that I can see is that beans that have a stateless scope no longer have a well defined lifecycle, so disposal methods etc will not be called, however as long as this is documented I don't think that this is much of a problem.

Does this sound like a good idea?

Stuart