[seam-dev] Module reviews

Gavin King gavin.king at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 02:43:19 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Stuart Douglas
<stuart at baileyroberts.com.au> wrote:

>> ---------
>> Seam XML
>> ---------
>>
>> * CDI annotations need to come from the CDI namespace, not the Seam namespace. For example:
>>
>>   <s:Qualifier /> or <s:Specializes /> -> <cdi:Qualifier /> or <cdi:Specializes />
>
> What namespace is <cdi: bound to? http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee?
>
> If so should I dump the seam namespace entirely, or just move the annotations into a different namespace?

Things that are annotations or types from the CDI/EE packages
javax.enterprise.inject, javax.inject, etc, should all live in the
default namespace. Not quite sure what it should be called, but the
spec used to say:

The Java EE namespace urn:java:ee represents the following packages:

• java.lang
• java.util
• javax.annotation
• javax.enterprise.inject
• javax.enterprise.context
• javax.interceptor
• javax.decorator
• javax.enterprise.event
• javax.ejb
• javax.persistence
• javax.xml.ws
• javax.jms
• javax.sql

Now, for what we're doing, that list is probably a bit long and could
be trimmed.

--
Gavin King
gavin.king at gmail.com