[seam-dev] new JBoss AS maven plugin

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 23:50:38 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Paul Gier <pgier at redhat.com> wrote:

> Dan Allen wrote:

> >> for the jboss-maven-plugin from codehaus. Eventually, we should switch
> >> the one ALR is working on:
> >>
> >> Actually, probably not. I talked to Andy about this a while back, and we
> >> agreed the codehaus one has more right now.

> https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/org/jboss/maven/plugins/jbossas/
> replacement
> >> for jboss-maven-plugin. I find it very odd that we need to go to
> codehaus to
> >> get a Maven plugin to control or own app server.
> >>
> >> We were talking about merging them at one point or another, which is
> >> probably best, because it would reduce confusion.
> >

> > +1 for reducing confusion.
> >

> >> Paul and/or Matt are working on the codehaus one.
> >

> > Okay, so then it is more or less the official community version. We sure
> > don't make that very clear. And, btw, the documentation for the mojo is
> > weighing in at 0 bytes right now:
> >
> > http://mojo.codehaus.org/jboss-maven-plugin/deploy-mojo.html
> >
> > So that should probably get fixed. Perhaps a bad build?
> >
> > -Dan
> >

> I fixed the site docs a while ago in the source [1], but never got around
> doing a release, so the site didn't get updated.

Got it. A release would be great. Especially considering we need that fix
you made to 1.4.1 to allow the hard-deploy goal to support multiple file
names. [1]

> It's been hard to tell how many people are actually using that plugin so I
> didn't put too much effort into it.

Expect an uptake since we are putting it into the Weld examples, Weld
archetypes and Seam examples.

> I was also under the impression that Arquillian would reduce/eliminate the
> need
> for the jboss maven plugin, but I don't know too much about it.

Ah, we are not using it for testing, but rather for commandline deployment.
It's important that users only have to type one command to try out the
examples (and we would rather not use Ant for that). We explain the setup in
the readme.txt for the booking example we are demoing at JBW.

http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/seam/examples/trunk/booking-simplified/readme.txt

> Maybe we should meet up next week to discuss?

Absolutely.

-Dan

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJBOSS-37

Registered Linux User #231597