[seam-dev] Interceptor packaging convention

Gavin King gavin.king at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 12:30:59 EDT 2010

I think you guys have got this wrong. CDI was deliberately designed to
require explicit declaration of interceptors. We thought VERY HARD
about this, and realized that this was the best way to go. Any
auto-registration of interceptors runs into all kinds of problems down
the road:

(1) When I use two frameworks together, or add my own interceptor to
the interceptors defined by a framework, what is its ordering with
respect to the interceptors that already exist?

(2) How do I turn an interceptor off?

Look, CDI is supposed to be an ecosystem for multiple portable
extensions that play nicely together. Auto-enablement of interceptors
gets you into the total clusterfuck of phase listeners in JSF.

Don't go down this path.

--
Gavin King
gavin.king at gmail.com