[seam-dev] Seam 3.0.0.Beta2

Shane Bryzak sbryzak at redhat.com
Thu Feb 3 16:59:44 EST 2011

Hey guys,

It's crunch time!

I'm planning on releasing Seam 3 beta 2 on the 11th February, which is
one week from today.  The QA team has been extremely busy testing beta
1, and have identified a substantial number of issues.  It would be
great if everyone could review the issues for their own module in JIRA
and have them addressed by 10 February.  Ideally, I would like to see
some of the modules enter CR by that date, as our Seam 3 CR1 release
date is due for release on 25 February.  If you are waiting on something
(such as another module release, or for some action by another person)
please speak up now and I will assist with coordination.  If you need
help with releasing your own module, please let me know and I'll do it
for you.

Something that Dan also mentioned recently was code coverage goals.  Our
ultimate goal is to achieve 70% code coverage for unit tests within each
module - currently the QA guys are busy setting up code coverage for
each of the module builds.  Shortly I'll begin publishing code coverage
figures on seam-dev, so we can identify which modules may require
assistance with writing tests (don't worry, I'll win the prize for
least-covered module as I haven't even started writing tests for the
security module yet).  We don't have any firm goals for code coverage
for the beta 2 release, however for the CR1 release the goal is for 40%
coverage, with 70% being the goal for the final release.

I'd also like to thank everyone for their hard work on Seam 3.  It's
been such a huge effort to get this far, considering that we had to
start from scratch for a lot of the features that existed in Seam 2.  As
we make the final push towards the final release, I just wanted to let
everyone know that their efforts are definitely appreciated, and
together I'm sure that we can release a top quality project that really
makes a big difference to the Java EE landscape.

Thanks,
Shane