[seam-dev] Module documentation

Shane Bryzak sbryzak at redhat.com
Tue Feb 15 16:56:30 EST 2011

To assist with the bundled documentation build, could everyone please
ensure that you prefix your docbook id tags with the name of your
module.  This is unfortunately necessary as docbook requires unique ID
values and will fail otherwise.  To illustrate what I mean, let's
pretend that two of our modules, faces and security both have
introduction chapters:

<chapter id="introduction">
<title>Seam Faces - Introduction</title>

<chapter id="introduction">
<title>Seam Security - Introduction</title>

Since both chapters have an id of "introduction", docbook fails when
attempting to build the bundled docs.  To workaround this restriction,
we can simply add the module name:

<chapter id="faces-introduction">
<title>Seam Faces - Introduction</title>

<chapter id="security-introduction">
<title>Seam Security - Introduction</title>

Can you also please apply the same naming standard to the docbook source
files, and chapter titles (this will help to keep the bundled
documentation more consistent).

Lastly, if you need to add a new chapter to your module documentation
(or rename an existing one), can you please let one of the core team
devs know.  Our bundled documentation build has its own master.xml file
containing all the individual chapters from each module, and new
chapters need to be manually added to this file [1].  Alternatively, you
can make the modification yourself and send a pull request.

Thanks,
Shane

[1]
https://github.com/seam/dist/blob/master/docs/src/main/docbook/en-US/master.xml