[seam-dev] what's your vision of an ideal migration guide?

Denis Forveille denis.forveille at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 20:35:38 EST 2011

Dan,

Migration is one thing, but at some point we were talking about a "compatibility" module

Is this module still in the plans?

That module could (at least try to) "automagically" translate seam 2 calls into CDI/Seam 3 calls... But I don't know if it is
feasable as Seam 3 drags JSF 2.0, RF 4, etc with it and the paradigm may be different (differences in scopes etc.) ...

Also I don't know if there is a real need for it as Seam 2 apps should run as-is in JEE 6 containers..

Denis