[seam-dev] Looking for help with application migration to AS7

Sande Gilda sgilda at redhat.com
Mon Jun 27 09:27:46 EDT 2011

I am documenting how to migrate an application from AS5/AS6 to AS7.Its
purpose is to trackapplication changes that are required to deploy and
run existing archives in AS7. It would also be useful to include general
issues about migrating from EE5 to EE6. The document can be found at
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/How+do+I+migrate+my+application+from+AS5+or+AS6+to+AS7.

The current content is based on information obtained from existing
community documentation, issues I ran into while migrating a Seam 2 WAR,
and Andy's experience migrating existing applications. So far I have
added the following:

    * Class loading changes which includes modules and manifest entries
    * DataSource and JDBC drivers
    * Portable JNDI syntax
    * Logging (although I don't believe this is required, other than
      manifest entries)
    * Infinispan 2nd level cache

The content is very limited at this point. so I am trying to gather
additional information. Please help me build up and improve this
document. I'm looking for the following:

   1. People to review what's there and give feedback, corrections, and
      suggestions for improvement.
   2. Additional sections that would be useful.
   3. Other components that will need to be modified when migrating
      applications..
   4. Anyone who has experience migrating applications to AS7 and knows
      of changes that must be made to successfully deploy and run the
      application.

Please feel free to contribute directly to this document (
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/How+do+I+migrate+my+application+from+AS5+or+AS6+to+AS7
)or, if you prefer, send information and feedback to me.

Thanks,
Sande