[seam-dev] Don't we need a Seam - Spring module ?

Marius Bogoevici mariusb at redhat.com
Wed Jun 29 11:13:49 EDT 2011

Snowdrop guy(s) here :). I discussed this with Shane previously. By and large, there are two things that you can consider for this integration:

- blanket Spring/CDI integration - this can live inside of Seam or outside (e.g Snowdrop or something else); I started a Spring/Seam module a while ago, but never got to finalize it properly, and there is also the CDISource stuff. Right now, I need to find a way to combine them as I believe that the integration must go deeper than bootstrapping and resolution by name/type: e.g. events/observers, qualifier handling etc.
- specific Seam integration - bridging Spring with Seam 3 specifically, and its various modules - e.g. transactions, persistence, qualifiers;

My plan was to work on this (at least the Spring/CDI part) after AS7 is released - basically in July/August. I needed to focus on supporting Snowdrop proper on AS7 first :).