[seam-dev] Seam 3.0 CR2 released

Shane Bryzak sbryzak at redhat.com
Tue Mar 8 09:34:20 EST 2011

Announcement is here:

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Seam300CR2Released

The major change in this release is the inclusion of Seam Forge, and the
Seam Booking example.  The good news for the QE team is that none of the
other modules have been updated, meaning that minimal testing should be
necessary (although I think I recall Lincoln saying that he dared anyone
to find a bug in Forge).

With the CR2 release done, we should now all be concentrating on getting
the final releases out for all of the modules.  With a tentative release
date of the end of next week for the final release, I'd like to see all
modules reach final by Wednesday next week (16th March).  Not only will
that give me something to talk about for my JBUG talk next week, it will
also allow me time to put the finishing touches on the distribution, get
example names, readme files and developer credits sorted out, and
generally ensure that the release is befitting of the 3.0.0.Final tag.

It's been a long road to get to this point, and I really appreciate the
efforts made by the whole team.  This really is a community project in
every sense, and I'm proud to have been a part of this great group of
passionate developers.  Thanks guys!