[seam-dev] Seam 3.0 CR2 released

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 15:24:26 EST 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 09:34, Shane Bryzak <sbryzak at redhat.com> wrote:

> Announcement is here:
>
> http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Seam300CR2Released
>
> The major change in this release is the inclusion of Seam Forge, and the
> Seam Booking example.  The good news for the QE team is that none of the
> other modules have been updated, meaning that minimal testing should be
> necessary (although I think I recall Lincoln saying that he dared anyone
> to find a bug in Forge).
>
> With the CR2 release done, we should now all be concentrating on getting
> the final releases out for all of the modules.  With a tentative release
> date of the end of next week for the final release, I'd like to see all
> modules reach final by Wednesday next week (16th March).  Not only will
> that give me something to talk about for my JBUG talk next week, it will
> also allow me time to put the finishing touches on the distribution, get
> example names, readme files and developer credits sorted out, and
> generally ensure that the release is befitting of the 3.0.0.Final tag.
>
> It's been a long road to get to this point, and I really appreciate the
> efforts made by the whole team.  This really is a community project in
> every sense, and I'm proud to have been a part of this great group of
> passionate developers.  Thanks guys!

While on the road at conferences, my rants about Maven have been replaced by
praise for each individual committing to the project and the chain reaction
of collaboration that continues to occur in this group. It's such a fun
story to recount. I can hardly keep up with everything that's going on, and
that's thrilling (even if a bit overwhelming at times). As one friend of
mine [1] often says, "Git going!"

-Dan

[1]
http://www.nofluffjuststuff.com/conference/los_angeles/2011/04/session?id=21229