[seam-dev] Seam social API stabilisation is near.

Marek Schmidt maschmid at redhat.com
Tue May 17 11:48:49 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----

Hi Antoine!

I am not exactly sure I understand correctly what is a multi-account issue, so let me just write how I see it and correct me afterwards :) These new qualifiers will allow me to create, let's say, multiple Twitter OAuthServiceSettingsImpl beans, right? I understand that is useful when I want to configure different service providers that have the same implementation (such as generic OAuth providers).

>From reading SEAMSOCIAL-12, what I thought was a multi-account issue, is that you want a single user (session) be tied to several accounts (that could or could not be from the same service, so I can have two twitter accounts and one facebook account). I see this issue as orthogonal to the one with multiple services, because I still don't see how I would accomplish this using the new multi_account API. To do that I would imagine I would need something like a session scoped account manager, which would manage my OAuthServices and let me list them, authorize them, create new ones from configured OAuthServiceSettings, etc...

Cheers,

Marek Schmidt