[seam-dev] Seam Reports

agori lagoria at alice.it
Wed May 18 18:52:30 EDT 2011

I know that Seam is more about integration, but what about a solution for
dynamic reporting starting from user friendly template like an OpenOffice
document?

Would be nice to see a powerful API able to manipulate a document (setting
fields, inserting table rows, etc) and producing a PDF. I don't know what is
the best tool for this (maybe UNO), anyway this Seam module could
investigate the state of art, pick the best one and provide a simplified
view.

I think that Java comunity is really missing something like that also
because this is a very common use case.

What do you think?