[seam-dev] Helping solve problems on the forums

Jason Porter lightguard.jp at gmail.com
Mon May 23 21:40:24 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 19:04, Pete Royle <howardmoon at screamingcoder.com>wrote:

>  I think that article could be made recommended reading in the Module
> Handbook (I tried but I don't think I have the privileges).
>
> I'm happy to be forwarded Cron questions which slip under the radar. I've
> noticed a few now on the Forums and will address those shortly.
>
> I think splitting forums into categories is important. I would prefer not
> to have to check every post that comes through to see if it's Cron related.
> I'm too easily distracted. An RSS feed for a search result would work well
> also. Hoping a Google Alert will suffice in the meantime.
>
> Unfortunately the reality is that there will be times when I'm not able to
> provide any response. In those instances I usually fail to even send a "too
> busy" response because I try to convince myself I'll get to it. What would
> be the process there?

That's a good question, if our SME (Subject Matter Expert) is not available
to comment, the moderator could take a best guess, or someone from the
community, but that's really all we can do, unless there's someone else with
knowledge out there. I think this is the main problem we have currently, and
the lack of a getting started guide. We have lots of knowledge amongst the
leads, but it's not shared knowledge, we're all fairly silo'd as well in our
knowledge. Some of us know little bits about one maybe two modules, but not
many. I think that may need to be a topic for the agenda for the next
meeting.