[seam-dev] Outline - Seam 2 to JEE 6 migration - topics

Jason Porter lightguard.jp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 19:09:14 EST 2012

I think Chapter 1 has already been covered by Seam in Action. Not that I'm
trying to drive up sales of Dan's book but because it's a great resource.
That's why Pete, Dan and I suggested using Open18 as a migration story.
Lots of people are familiar with it. The rest I think works nice as a
series to be written / explored, etc.

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 16:30, Hanneli Tavante <hannelita at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone! While we don't create a repo at Github for this, I wrote
> some topics that i think we should cover in a Seam 2 o JEE6 migration
> tutorial. WDYT?
>

> Seam 2 to JEE6 migration - Full tutorial
>
> Chapter 1
> Seam 2 app - describe the features (Like DI features, Conversation Scope,
> enhanced EL, EJB integration...)
>
> Chapter 2 - JEE 6 basics **
> ** Very important. Ppl dont google about it and they know too few to
> understand the meaning of CDI by theirselves, so this tutorial must have
> JEE basics
> 2.1 JEE 6 new specs
>  2.2 DI Spec
> 2.3 CDI - fix DI missing context points
>  Chapter 3 - Migrating to JSF 2
> Assuming that your base project is made with JSF, lets migrate them to JSF
> to. We solve here some EL problems and scope problems that we did not have
> for JSF1. Also show that some seam 2 EL enhancements now are useless.
>
> Chapter 4 - Applying CDI into your existing Seam 2 project
> -> Show here how DI features from Seam 2 are now useless and meaningless
> due CDI spec
>
> Note that step by step we show that seam 2 lost their reason to exist
> inside a JEE 6 environment
>
> Chapter 5 - Point CDI problems (E.g no VieScoped, etc)
>
> Chapter 6 - Show how we fix these CDI problems and missing points
>

> --
> Hanneli Carolina Andreazzi Tavante
> @hannelita
> Caelum - Ensino e Inovação