[jbossseam-issues] [JBoss JIRA] Created: (JBSEAM-2794) Make Seam EL more extensible and unified
Michael Youngstrom (JIRA)
jira-events at lists.jboss.org
Sat Mar 29 11:35:39 EDT 2008
Make Seam EL more extensible and unified
Project: JBoss Seam
Issue Type: Feature Request
Affects Versions: 2.1.0.A1
Reporter: Michael Youngstrom
Assigned To: Michael Youngstrom
Fix For: 2.1.0.BETA2
I'm currently having some trouble dealing with ELResolvers in Seam and JSF.
1. It is not very easy to add ELResolvers to Seam (e.g. SpringELResolver must be put in the end of the resolver chain when it should be one of the first.)
2. When executing outside a FacesRequest you have to use the Seam ELResolver infrastructure which doesn't see any of the JSF ELResolvers
3. It would be nice to have a little more control over the order of ELResolvers since I have run into a few recursive situations as EL can sometimes sneak it's way into situations where EL is used in the SeamELResolver to resolve EL.
I believe that all of the above can be solved by:
1. Turn the SeamELResolver into a CompositeELResolver where a Seam Component can manage the included ELResolvers.
2. Add the above single SeamCompositeELResolver to the faces-context.xml. Making it so custom ELResolvers can be managed in a single place in Seam for both Faces and non Faces requests.
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://jira.jboss.com/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira
More information about the seam-issues