[security-dev] PicketLink IDM JPA Identity Store

Anil Saldhana Anil.Saldhana at redhat.com
Mon Oct 8 12:30:44 EDT 2012

I want to offer continued discussion on the JPA implementation in the
IDM project.

The work that Pedro did is restored here in the following workspace:
https://github.com/picketlink/picketlink-idm-restored

A testcase that is useful for JPA implementation in IDM is:
https://github.com/picketlink/picketlink-idm-restored/blob/master/impl/src/test/java/org/picketlink/test/idm/internal/mgr/DefaultJPAIdentityManagerTestCase.java

It is the exact mirror of the LDAP implementation:
https://github.com/picketlink/picketlink-idm-restored/blob/master/impl/src/test/java/org/picketlink/test/idm/internal/mgr/DefaultLDAPIdentityManagerTestCase.java

These two implementations have very minimal user configuration.

The challenge is when users bring in complex database schemas and LDAP
DITs into operation.  But the goal of balancing complexity with
usability is a tough one.