[security-dev] JPA?

Anil Saldhana Anil.Saldhana at redhat.com
Tue Jun 11 16:39:16 EDT 2013

Jason - I will let others chime in their thoughts.

We want to support as many Identity Store implementations as possible.
We implemented a File Store implementation mainly to aid its usage as
the default identity store implementation in WildFly.
I have no issues in providing an additional JDBC identity store
implementation. It just gives the users more implementations to choose from.

 From application developers perspective, I think the balance still
swings toward JPA. But for Wildfly core authentication using PicketLink
IDM, for database backends, JDBC makes sense.

It will be at least a couple of months before we attempt a JDBC
implementation due to 2.5.0 release. That is why I placed the JIRA issue
fix to be 2.5.1. I think this works for Wildfly roadmap.