[teiid-designer-dev] Re: [teiid-dev] 6.1 Release

John Doyle jdoyle at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 20:58:19 EDT 2009

I'm not sure there's a response to my concern in your response.

I'm aware that there's an aggressive schedule, but I question that value of releasing Teiid on it's projected release date, if the Designer is not ready to release, or vice versa.  I have changes coming in 6.1 to connectors that are depending upon importer changes.  I can mock up tests for the connector changes, but I won't really be able to validate a feature until I have two stable projects in my hands that are pretty much locked down.

We can call them independent all we want, users will disagree.  There's already traffic on the lists to demonstrate that.

What's wrong with leaving it on the shelf until both are ready, and then making it official?

~jd