[teiid-dev] Admin API Methods

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Tue Nov 3 14:08:16 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 11:00 -0600, Van Halbert wrote:
> What behavior are thinking is different based on api
> implementation?    If its to use a different communication protocol,
> that's one thing, but what teiid behavior is to be different

The management API between different containers will be different. So,
the way you manage to create/start/stop a connector in JBoss is
different from that of Glassfish. In JBoss you can control these through
profile service, in Glassfish this is entirely different. So, we need to
write these methods in isolation where they can used in pluagable
fashion.

As per the Teiid specific methods like vdb management and monitoring
etc, *should* be same across all the environments. To do that, we need
to manage these resources in a container independent way. For this we
may depend upon MC, but not JBoss container to use JBoss frameworks
where there is support for interfaces like @ManagedObject or @JMX or use
our own like we are doing now.

Ramesh..