[webbeans-dev] Web beans implementation plan

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Sun Oct 19 15:27:01 EDT 2008

Done == up to date with current spec with tests for all spec assertions.
Mostly done == at least done to the spec in June, probably done to
recent changes with complete tests or test stubs for all spec
assertions.

Shane, David, can you guys confirm where you got to/how up to date you
are with what Gavin sent?

Gavin, I've tried to update the API classes, but it would be great if
you could review it and make changes as needed.

On 16 Oct 2008, at 21:55, Gavin King wrote:

> We now really need to get going on the RI. I've attached the latest
> draft.
>
> Here's a list of tasks in order. Note that we can write tests for each
> step, without needing stuff from the next step!
>
> * basic Manager functionality: resolveByType(), resolveByName(),
> addBean()

Implemented, no tests.

> * instantiation: getInstance(), getInstanceByType(),
> getInstanceByName()

> * basic support for simple Web Beans

Mostly done

> * specialization

I was planning to put this in the beta bucket.

> * dependent pseudo-context

Shane, did you do this?

> * request and application contexts

Mostly done I think. Shane?

> * injected fields, intializer methods, Web Bean constructors

Mostly done (initializer methods aren't)

> * producer methods

Mostly done.

> * disposal methods

Mostly done.

> * @New

Not done

> * interceptors

Not done

> * decorators

Not done, I would leave this to the beta

> * stereotypes

Done.

> * scope adaptors

Shane, did you do this?

> * basic event bus: fireEvent(), addObserver()

Done I think. David?

> * observer methods

Done I think. David?

> * @Observable Event<X>

Done I think. David?

> * Web Bean discovery & initialization event

Basic stuff done. But needs quite a lot more work.

> * Java EE integration

Not done.

> * session context

Done I think, Shane?

> * basic support for enterprise Web Beans

Mostly done.

> * Web Bean remove methods

Mostly done.

> * passivating scope support

Shane?

> ---- ALPHA RELEASE
> * JMS endpoints

Not done.

> * web-beans.xml

Parsing not done, but rules for reading from XML vs. Java are mainly
done for the stuff that is marked Done or Mostly Done.

> * conversation context

Done I think, Shane?

> * ejb-jar.xml

Parsing not written, rules for reading from ejb-jar/ejb annotations
done.

> * support for common annotations

Not done.