[webbeans-dev] Web Beans SE Documentation and Swing Example

Peter Royle howardmoon at screamingcoder.com
Wed Apr 15 02:52:19 EDT 2009

Hi Marcell,

Thanks for the email. All of the scopes currently reuse the
implementation from core, which are all backed by the
AbstractThreadLocalMapContext. New threads must still be created by the
application, but the app can then apply scopes to those threads as it
sees fit (starting and stropping sessions, requests and conversations).
None of this is set in stone though.

I'm not 100% sure that I want session scope to be thread-local. I think
that's assuming too much about the target application. On the other
hand, if that's Servlet works then it may be confusing to go against
that pattern. Have to think about it. Thoughts anyone?

Cheers,

Pete.