[webbeans-dev] equals() on ConversationImpl

Clint Popetz cpopetz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 22:09:33 EDT 2009

Hi,

Knowing that equals()/hashCode() commits can often lead to month-long
debates, I thought I'd ask first...is it ok to add an equals() on
ConversationImpl that compares cids?  The reason I ask is that I want
to put ConversationManager.getLongRunningConversations() into a
<select/> in my wicket example, and the built-in wicket component for
this checks equals() to determine which is option is selected.  The
default == test won't work because of proxies.  (It also seems
reasonable to me that users would want to stick Conversations in
collections.)

Thanks,
-Clint