[webbeans-dev] Spec Conflicts Between JSR-299, JSR-318

Kenneth Saks Kenneth.Saks at Sun.COM
Wed Mar 18 08:58:32 EDT 2009

On Mar 18, 2009, at 8:50 AM, pmuir at redhat.com wrote:

> I spoke to andrew about this, and my understanding of his underlying
> concern is around reciprocity - that the ejb spec should mention
> that an impl should allow for jsr299 style injection at this post
> instantiation point and also that the spec should say that and impl
> may be expected to remove session objects for jsr299. An analagous
> case is ejb etc injection into servlet - the servlet spec says it
> should happen, but doesn't provide a spec'd callback for it.
>
> And there is the question of plyggability (spec defined api for
> these things, but that is out of scope for ee6 afaik).

Yes, if we do all this right we'll be ahead of the game in defining
real pluggability contracts for EE 7.   For now, I don't see a need to
expose any additional EJB spec-level contracts for Web Beans.
Attempting that at this point wouldn't do much good given the larger
issue that the EJB spec itself has never attempted to define
pluggability.   Even if we did, Web Beans integration would be the
least of the issues we'd need to address.

  --ken