[webbeans-dev] Typing of XML elements

Nicklas Karlsson nickarls at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 03:14:17 EDT 2009

Back to the issue at hand ;-)

So. Is my understanding correct that we would have one hand-written
webbeans.xsd somewhere that defines that a beanType can have children
that are constructor parameters, methods and fields and they have
corresponding methodType, fieldType etc that describe them and then
the schema.xsd:s which are generated dynamically just describe the
structure of the classes and refer to wb:beanType, wb:fieldType,
wb:methodType etc?

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Jason T. Greene
<jason.greene at redhat.com> wrote:
> Jason T. Greene wrote:
>>
>> <xs:element name="bindingElement" type="bindingType"/>
>>
>> <xs:complexType name="classType">
>>  <xs:sequence>
>>    <xs:element ref="bindingElement"/>
>>  </xs:sequence>
>> </xs:complexType>
>>
>> // in the sales namespace
>> <xs:element name="Bar" substitutionGroup="webbeans:bindingElement"/>
>>
>> // in the acme namespace
>> <xs:element name="Foo" type="classType"/>
>>

> You also want to make bindingElement abstract (abstract=true).
>
> --
> Jason T. Greene
> JBoss, a division of Red Hat

---