[webbeans-dev] jsr299-utils

Shane Bryzak shane.bryzak at jboss.com
Tue May 26 21:54:34 EDT 2009

>>> (5) With regard to the TCK, should I be adding TCK tests as I'm
>>> implementing the SPI?  If so, does the TCK target a specific revision
>>> of the spec?  (It's not clear to me if the spec itself is even
>>> versioned during the draft process.)  For example, right now the
>>> contents of tck-audit.xml and many of the @SpecAssertions don't match
>>> the current spec, as it just came out.    So is it ok to add tests to
>>> tck-impl that target things in the new spec (for example, 11.2 to test
>>> the BeanManager SPI), given that these new @SpecAssertions will
>>> overlap with existing assertions for similar numbers in the older
>>> spec, and given that the audit tool will report garbage for the new
>>> assertions?
>>
>> Another team member is working on tck-audit.xml and should be done soon.
>> I would not write any new TCK tests right now without knowing what the
>> assertion numbers are going to be.  Check back later after you have more
>> of the SPI done and the TCK is more in-line with the current spec.
>
> Shane has started on this, and we should see the updates starting to
> come. Shane, can you let the list know as you go?

I've just committed the updated assertions for all of chapter 2 in
tck-audit.xml.  This is a good test for how significantly the TCK is
going to be affected by the spec changes, as the changes in this section
are quite tame compared to some of the other sections.  As a result of
the changes to this section, we now have about 45 unmatched tests which
I don't think is too bad.