[weld-dev] persistence and transactions outside Java EE

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 12:02:11 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Gavin King <gavin.king at gmail.com> wrote:

> Look, Dan, trust me, I would have tried to push to have support for
> declarative tx management for managed beans in EE 6, but frankly I
> already used up every drop of political capital and then some to just
> get managed beans with interceptors and dependency injection in. Now
> that we have that much, we have a foundation for generalizing
> declarative transactions next time around. But we could easily have
> ended up with no managed beans at all. So you should be thankful for
> what you *do* have.

Oh, trust me. I am grateful for what was accomplished and recognize that
trying to push for more could have jeopardized the whole thing. I don't mean
to question the progress.

All I'm saying is that we need to look ahead and see if we can cover this
use case in the next round. So when we go into working on this extension for
Seam, it should be with the idea in mind that this should be something that
the platform can provide (i.e., a transactional managed bean that can
receive an injected persistence context outside of a full container).

-Dan

--
Dan Allen
Registered Linux User #231597