[weld-dev] Fwd: [weld-commits] Weld SVN: r6071 - in core/trunk/impl/src/main/java/org/jboss/weld: servlet and 1 other directory.

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 02:46:40 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:

> I'm not disputing that CDI should provide it there, but Weld is the
> *reference* implementation of the CDI spec so needs to provide a reference
> for other people to follow.
>
> So IOW I would like guidance from the CDI EG that they intend to change it
> so servlet supports conversations in the next iteration of the CDI spec.

Good, but we should definitely push for this. I don't understand why
conversations got restricted to JSF in CDI 1.0. I view it as an oversight,
especially since other web frameworks are going to want to participate in
conversations and we even supported/prototyped this in Seam 2 with Wicket.

-Dan

p.s. In a future version of the JSF spec, I foresee UI component tags being
added to declaratively control conversation boundaries. (e.g.,
<f:conversation begin="true"/>)

--
Dan Allen
Registered Linux User #231597