[weld-dev] CDI Implementors Panel BOF at JavaOne 2010?

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 01:14:26 EST 2010

Reza,

I think you have proposed a really nice idea. It would be excellent to get
the folks who have translated the specification into working software both
to:

- get their perspective on the technology
- provide insight about how best leverage it
- where the implementation took initiative and went beyond the spec
- etc.

Plus, it presents a unified front of supporters of the specification and its
value to the platform.

If you are willing to prepare an abstract, then go ahead and post it to this
thread and we'll provide some feedback/revisions.

Cheers,

-Dan

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Reza Rahman <reza_rahman at lycos.com> wrote:

> Gentlefolk,
>
> I am trying to organize and submit a CDI implementor panel BOF for
> JavaOne 2010. I approached David Blevins (whom I've co-presented with in
> the past and is a good friend) and did get commitment from him to
> participate on behalf of Apache/OpenWebBeans. I certainly would be happy
> to represent Resin/CanDI in the panel. I was wondering if there would be
> interest from the Weld/Seam 3 team to co-submit for the BOF/participate
> in a panel discussing our respective projects with the JavaOne
> community. I believe it would demonstrate the kind of
> cohesion/collaboration that often seems to lack between competing Java
> EE product vendors.
>
> Personally, I don't care too much who does the actual submission for the
> panel/does the write-up/organizing. If it makes the most sense for
> someone from the Weld/Seam team to do it, I am happy to defer the leg
> work...
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
> Reza Rahman

Dan Allen