[weld-dev] [jsr-299-eg] Maintenance release

Gavin King gavin.king at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 18:02:09 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 10:40 PM, Matt Drees <matt.drees at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, if someone needs metadata on a bean for a custom context, they'll have
> no choice but to require that an annotation be available from
> bean.getBeanClass() or bean.getStereotypes().  I think in practice people
> can live with this.

Well, getBeanClass() doesn't work either - not for producers. And I
don't see how getStereotypes() helps much. So I don't think there's
really any good way to do this.

> But when they do, this restriction would require them to use 2 annotations
> everywhere.  I predict people will complain.  If we have to live with that,
> then we have to.

I guess I don't think it's going to be at all common to need
annotation members for a custom scope.

> But you didn't really answer the question.  Why go out of your way to
> prevent annotation members?

Well, I guess I could drop this item if people are really against it....

>> Propose some language :-)
>
> Ok, will work on this.  Sounds like you're implying that this MR is an
> appropriate time for this question (provided the language works out).

Yes, the MR is the perfect time to work on clarifications that don't
add new requirements.

gavin.king at gmail.com