[weld-dev] Non flat deployments

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Tue Jan 5 06:46:50 EST 2010

On 20 Dec 2009, at 13:51, Ales Justin wrote:

>> Probably the easiest way to address this is simply to mirror the
>> classloading structure of war and ears in JBoss AS.
>
> Perhaps I'll try to come up with something quickly for standard JEE deployments, where CL structure is simple and well known.
>
> But eventually we should have proper generic CL mapping.
> e.g. when users use jboss-classloading.xml or OSGi
>
>> * remember that we also need to access "installed
>> libraries" - those things libraries installed in the AS. So IOW we
>> need to have a list of all libraries which have beans.xml in them,
>> and add them to each CDI deployment, so that libraries, modules in
>> the deployment can see them but not vice-versa.
>
> What's an "installed library"?

EE6 defines four types of artifacts:

* modules (EJB module, WAR, rar)
* EARs
* bundled libraries (jars that aren't modules) in EAR lib/, WEB-INF/lib, stuff referred to in the Classpath: element of the manifest of a module or library
* installed libraries (jars that are available to all application, in JBoss AS in server/${profile.dir}/lib and in the boot classpath

> How do we track/recognize them?
> e.g. "installed library" vs. normal CDI deployment

Not sure :-/