[weld-dev] AnnotatedType and the SPI

Stuart Douglas stuart at baileyroberts.com.au
Tue Jan 12 04:46:12 EST 2010

Does the spec define what should happen if an AnnotatedType added through the SPI is missing a method/field/parameter etc that is present on the underlying class?
I had a look but I could not see anything in spec, and as far as I can tell weld is inconsistant with regard to how it treats it. If an AnnotatedParameter is missing it uses the Annotations on the underlying class, however if a field definition is missing it treats it as having no annotations (I have not actually tested this, just has a quick look at the code, so I could be wrong).

Stuart