[weld-dev] Potential Weld maintenance release

Brian Leathem bleathem at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 14:52:24 EST 2011

Hello Weld devs,

I am under the understanding that the next Weld release will be Weld
1.2, with potential SPI changes.  I am writing to ask about the
possibility of more frequent weld maintenance releases, using the same
SPI.  This would greatly benefit the Seam 3.0 release, as there are a
couple of modules that currently do not work as expected due to bugs in
Weld.  Specifically:

WELD-846 - Incorrect handling of cyclic dependencies between
BeanDeploymentArchives
      causes: SEAMFACES-82, no injection in JSF Converters/Validators
WELD-833 - ConcurrentModificationException while deactivating conversations
      renders Seam Wicket unusable
and potentially:
WELD-855 - Error while catching NonexistentConversationException with
Seam Faces/Catch
      causes: SEAMCATCH-46

Some of these issues have been already resolved in Weld, and can be
worked around by using a Weld SNAPSHOT.  However, it is probable that
more issues will arise as more people start using Seam 3, and a quick
turnaround on Weld releases would help greatly with user acceptance of
Seam 3.  It would also bode well for containers that were quick to adopt
the Weld maintenance releases.

If there is any more details I can provide, or further strengthening of
the above arguments, please let me know.

Regards,
Brian Leathem
Seam Faces - Module Lead