[weld-dev] Validating for fields that are annotated with both EJB and Inject

Emily Jiang emijiang6 at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 15 06:42:00 EDT 2020

Matej,

Since @Inject can only work with a qualifier annotation not anything other
annotations, do you think adding a validation criteria to assert that is
acceptable?
For IDE validation, it is quite limited because a lot of work needs to be
done via runtime to figure out whether the 2nd annotation is a CDI
qualifier or not.

Thanks
Emily

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 3:28 PM Benjamin Confino <BENJAMIC at uk.ibm.com>
wrote:

> Hello weld
>
> I had a customer with an issue that I believe occurred because they
> annotated a field with both @Inject and @EJB. This has given me two
> questions:
>
> 1) Should weld throw an error when a field is annotated with both
> annotations?
>
> 2) If so is the correct way to add something like
>
>  if (ij.getAnnotated().isAnnotationPresent(Inject.class) &&
> ij.getAnnotated().isAnnotationPresent(EJB.class)) {
>     throw ...
> }
>
> to Validator.validateInjectionPointForDefinitionErrors()
>
> If so I'm willing to create a pull request, all I'd need is for you to
> tell me what the error message should say and please point me to which test
> I should expand to cover this case.
>
> Regards
> Benjamin
> Unless stated otherwise above: