[wildfly-dev] Put MyFaces JSF into WildFly?

Cheng Fang cfang at redhat.com
Mon Jul 8 14:06:50 EDT 2013

As most technologies in Java EE are pluggable, it may set a precedence
for including multiple providers of other technologies. I would stick to
the one-implementation-per-technology rule, and not ship alternative
implementation.  It shows our confidence and commitment to integrating
the best components into WildFly.

For MyFaces fans, one option is to create external (outside WildFly)
community effort to enable alternative JSF impl, maybe in the form of a
patch that can applied to WildFly.  From a user's perspective, this
shouldn't be too different than shipping multiple impls, as both
approaches need some sort of configuration any way.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheng