[wildfly-dev] Configuration of statistics gathering

Andrig Miller anmiller at redhat.com
Wed Nov 6 11:50:57 EST 2013

Just to add to what Brian is saying.  I presented a proposal for runtime statistics at the AS 8 meeting (before the name change), and I would like to see all the subsystems have a configuration option for their runtime statistics.  I would also like it to be off by default.

The reason for the later, is our benchmarking efforts.  We have recently discovered two areas where the runtime statistics were causing problems with performance/scalability.  This is one area, hence Paul's pull request, and the other is the JCA container's statistics.

We may discover other areas too, as we continue scaling, but this is of vital importance for our efforts.

Thanks.

Andy