[wildfly-dev] Java EE 7 and WildFly

Arun Gupta arun.gupta at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 14:10:16 EDT 2013

Thanks Claudio, cil

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 10:03 AM, Claudio Miranda
<claudio at claudius.com.br> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Arun Gupta <arun.gupta at gmail.com> wrote:
>> - Java EE 7 runtime require a database to be provisioned at runtime.
>> GlassFish download comes bundled with JavaDB. What is the typical
>> choice for WildFly developers ?
>
> There is not a database server, but users can setup a h2 database in
> tcp server mode.
>
>> What is the actual JDBC resource name ?
>
> There is https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-2027 "EE Default
> DataSource is not working"
Thanks for pointing the exact issue, now watching it. Lincoln
experienced this during our preparation for JavaOne talk. Seems like
there is less interest in fixing the bug but I'll add my comments
there.

> Discussion: http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/wildfly-dev/2013-September/000778.html
>
> However, wildfly provides a default datasource, if you see at
> datasource subsystem in either domain.xml or standalone.xml, there is
>
>         <subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:datasources:1.1">
>             <datasources>
>                 <datasource
> jndi-name="java:jboss/datasources/ExampleDS" pool-name="ExampleDS"
> enabled="true" use-java-context="true">
>
> <connection-url>jdbc:h2:mem:test;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1</connection-url>
>                     <driver>h2</driver>
>                     <security>
>                         <user-name>sa</user-name>
>                         <password>sa</password>
>                     </security>
>                 </datasource>
>                 <drivers>
>                     <driver name="h2" module="com.h2database.h2">
>
> <xa-datasource-class>org.h2.jdbcx.JdbcDataSource</xa-datasource-class>
>                     </driver>
>                 </drivers>
>             </datasources>
>         </subsystem>

I'd rather stay away from application-server specific configuration
and that's why hoping the default data source is implemented. That is
the whole point of providing that abstract anyway.

>> - Are any RI from GlassFish are used in WildFly ?
>
> AFAIK there is JSF-RI (mojarra) in
> modules/system/layers/base/com/sun/jsf-impl/
Do you know of any page that lists all the components and their
corresponding RIs in WildFly ?

Arun

--
Blog: http://blog.arungupta.me