[wildfly-dev] Enabling Hibernate Search to all Hibernate/JPA users

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Aug 1 06:58:31 EDT 2014

Currently users wishing for Search super-powers in their Hibernate
applications need to enable the module explicitly.

This seems to be rather annoying, and we have questions like this one:
 - https://community.jboss.org/thread/243346

I see no reasons to not enable it by default, following the same
activation rules of other Hibernate dependencies: it's very
conservative about not auto-enabling itself when not needed.

May I open such a feature request? Happy to try the patching myself.

Sanne