[wildfly-dev] Pending core split

Jason Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Mon Jun 30 18:03:14 EDT 2014

The point of the core platform is to evolve the base manageable runtime independent of the traditional application server. This allows for many different frameworks and server runtimes to be based on WildFly. It’s a very real request we have had for a long time.

The core platform has had a goal from the very beginning to have minimal deps, so if you find yourself adding deps, then it either needs an alternative solution, or it doesn’t belong in core.

On Jun 30, 2014, at 4:47 PM, Stan Silvert <ssilvert at redhat.com> wrote:

> I'm starting to have doubts about this split.
>
> Right now I'm trying to integrate the Keycloak (client-side) adapter
> into build-core so that the web console can use Keycloak for
> authentication.  The problem is that there is a huge web of dependencies
> that must be moved over from build to build-core.
>
> What exactly is the split trying to solve?
>
> Stan
>
> On 6/27/2014 12:19 PM, Stuart Douglas wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> So I am moderately confident that we will be ready to split out Wildfly
>> core into a separate repository early next week (I'm not saying that it
>> will definitely happen in this time frame, just that it should be possible).
>>
>> Once this is ready to go I think the basic process will be:
>>
>> - Code freeze on Master
>> - Create the core repo, push new rewritten core history
>> - Release core 1.0.0.Beta1
>> - Create PR against core WF repo that deletes everything in core, and
>> uses the core 1.0.0.Beta1 release
>> - End of code freeze
>>
>> Stuart

Jason T. Greene