[wildfly-dev] Map / reduce for management operations

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Fri Oct 31 15:35:30 EDT 2014

On 10/31/2014 2:46 PM, Heiko Braun wrote:
> The problem has nothing todo with GWT.
It has everything to do with GWT.   The client code to deal with his
problem is 10x simpler in real Java.   I know because I've coded both
many times.

> The single purpose of Haralds proposal is to reduce the number of requests and the actual amount of data when querying large groups of servers. The native interface suffer from this as well, it's just not that obvious because it's per se more performant then the HTTP interface (optimised wire format, persistent connections, etc).
That's not true.  Management requests are small, fast, and cheap. Doing
it over HTTP makes no noticeable difference.

The good thing about Harald's proposal is that it would make the code a
little simpler for Java clients and a lot simpler for GWT clients.