[wildfly-dev] timer service for extension modules?

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Feb 23 10:34:39 EST 2015

No, there is no shared timer service provided by WildFly Core. EJB3 has
timers but those are created via deployments and subsystem services
should not depend on deployments. Plus I assume your stuff is meant to
work regardless of whether EJB3 is part of the configuration.

On 2/21/15 11:47 AM, Carl Harris wrote:
> My extension module creates a (MSC) service that needs to get periodic timer callbacks to clean up cruft that accumulates while it is being used by a deployed application.  I could create a java.util.Timer when the service is created and cancel it when the service is removed, but I’m wondering of there already a timer service that I should be using for this sort of thing.
>
> Thanks for any tips or guidance,
>
> carl

Senior Principal Software Engineer