[wildfly-dev] SimpleRoleGroup#roles

arjan tijms arjan.tijms at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 09:55:00 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Stefan Guilhen <sguilhen at redhat.com> wrote:

>  On 06/08/2015 07:08 AM, arjan tijms wrote:
>

> Theoretically, this is where JACC could come in according to the Java EE
> standards. This would allow you to implement your own (optimized if
> necessary) logic for "is user/caller in role".
>
>  However despite being Java EE 7 certified, it seems it's not actually
> possible to install a JACC provider on JBoss. This is a bit of a spec hole,
> unfortunately. Most of the code seems to be there in JBoss (WildFly), but
> there's just no place where you can actually put your own JACC provider.
>

> Huh? We would not be certified if we didn't support custom providers as
> the TCK requires the installation of its own provider. The
> javax.security.jacc.PolicyConfigurationFactory.provider and
> javax.security.jacc.policy.provider system properties are both supported by
> WildFly.

Indeed, you would say that. But I do know that a TCK can be lacking "a
little", specifically where it concerns JASPIC and JACC, unfortunately.
There are a few other major violations in various certified products. With
JASPIC for instance it was possible to certify a product that just didn't
implement the actual authentication, which is the core of the core of
JASPIC :X

Those properties are of course supported, but where does one put the
classes (or jar containing these classes)? I tried for hours at end and
asked in the JBoss forum, but it never became clear. The documentation
doesn't mention it either. See this for my question about this:
https://developer.jboss.org/thread/254106

Would be really cool if the location could become clear. Thanks!

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms