[wildfly-dev] SimpleRoleGroup#roles

Stefan Guilhen sguilhen at redhat.com
Mon Jun 8 14:26:42 EDT 2015

Arjan,

On 06/08/2015 10:55 AM, arjan tijms wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Indeed, you would say that. But I do know that a TCK can be lacking "a
> little", specifically where it concerns JASPIC and JACC,
> unfortunately. There are a few other major violations in various
> certified products. With JASPIC for instance it was possible to
> certify a product that just didn't implement the actual
> authentication, which is the core of the core of JASPIC :X

The TCK coverage (or lack thereof) has nothing to do with the ability to
configure custom JACC providers. If we didn't support it not a single
test of the JACC testsuite would pass so the TCK is not to be blamed in
this case. The JASPIC testsuite is another story and I think we both
agree that it is broken from our previous conversations. Arun's JEE
testsuite, to which you contributed your JASPIC tests, has been much
more valuable as a tool to validate the implementation than the TCK itself.

Having said that, the documentation does really seem to be missing a
section about custom JACC providers so I went to check the TCK setup. It
looks like the TCK JACC providers are bundled in a jar and this jar is
being set as a resource of the org.jboss.as.security module. I'm not
sure why it was done this way but I believe it should be also possible
to define your own module containing the classes and then wire it to the
security module as a dependency instead of a resource.