[wildfly-dev] Running standalone.bat on Windows gives "The syntax of the command is incorrect."

Jess Sightler jsightle at redhat.com
Mon Nov 2 11:44:05 EST 2015

Hi Markus,

This sounds like a quoting error with your variable.

Quoting in windows batch files should be like this:
set "JAVA_HOME=c:\Path to java\jdk\"

You may be setting it like this:
set JAVA_HOME="c:\Path to java\jdk"

In that case, the quote may become part of the value itself, which will
break with many scripts.