[wildfly-dev] Shall we limit size of the deployment in WildFly?

Lin Gao lgao at redhat.com
Tue Nov 3 03:41:01 EST 2015

Hi,

  WildFly does not limit the deployment file size, users with appropriate privilege(deployer) can select any file to deploy from both CLI and web console.

  For the too big file, it may exhaust all available disk space, and in some cases, even small file can exhaust the disk space if the current disk space is not big enough.

  So shall we limit file size of the deployment in WildFly? or shall we limit the available disk space? or shall we just show a warning message to users?

  If we do, where in the management API configuration for this should be done, if it is done this way?

  Arbitrary limits will break users, so if we have an arbitrary limit it needs to be easily adjusted.

  In case of domain mode, different hosts may have different disk space, which means they are likely have different capacity to hold deployment files. For example, servers in server-group-A may have 2GB available disk space, servers in server-group-B may have 200MB available disk space. An unified limit for the whole domain seems not fair for the servers with more available disk space.

  Also, WildFly does not limit type of the deployment file, but it might need a separate discussion if necessary?

  Any thoughts?

  FYI: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFCORE-1057

Best Regards
--