[wildfly-dev] WildFly roadmap and key dates for WildFly 17

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu May 16 12:48:27 EDT 2019

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 8:08 AM Brian Stansberry <
brian.stansberry at redhat.com> wrote:

WildFly 17 is scheduled for release three months after 16, continuing the
> quarterly cadence. Here are the key dates:
>
>    - Fri, May 10 — PRs ready for merge for all features coming in via
>    WildFly Core
>    - Tue, May 14 — All features ready for merge
>    - Wed, May 15 — WildFly 17 Beta. No new features after this date.
>    - Fri, May 24 — All changes for WildFly Core ready
>    - Tue, May 28 — All changes for WildFly ready
>    - Thu, May 30 — WildFly 17 Final released
>
> Hi everyone,

Here's a quick update on the schedule.  We released a WildFly 17.0.0.Alpha1
last night. Get it at https://wildfly.org/downloads/! This has the bulk of
the new functionality we expect in WildFly 17, but there are a few more
significant component upgrades and related features we want to get in. We
want all such things in WildFly's beta releases so we decided to defer the
beta and call yesterday's release an alpha.

I don't expect it to take long to get the remaining items, so I expect
we'll release WildFly 17.0.0.Beta1 late next week.  The WildFly
17.0.0.Final date should then be two weeks after that, give or take a day.
I'll post with the specific code freeze dates and release date for the
final release once the beta goes out. But a reasonable prediction is May 31
for changes to WildFly Core and June 4 for changes to WildFly full.

Best regards,
Brian